R.I.P - the Jayne Cobb Hat

 

Friends, I blog today to impart the sad news that the Jayne Cobb hat is no more. 

After prompting a truly hate-filled response from my wife and daughter, a vow that they'd never be seen in public with me wearing it, and several incidents involving hiding it or trying to bin it, I decided it was probably for the best if I unpicked the thing. 

Several well-meaning Twitter folk have requested these or offered me money for the one I finished, but in the end it came down to a straight choice between re-using the yarn for something else (I do need yellow yarn at the moment, and this pattern used a whole skein of Stylecraft DK yellow), or letting them set it on fire. 

So it's now unpicked. Some elements (like the ear flaps and pompom) had to be binned as they were short lengths of yarn and not of any use to other projects, but I now have two massive skeins of yellow and orange yarn to do something with. 

Maybe I'll crochet a hat....

Comments

Post a Comment